Friday, November 13, 2009

Keep a Little Faith


Today's article on FOCUS Friday was sent to me by Perry from the Caribbean Islands. He has not launched a blog as of yet but is considering sharing his Caribbean way of life with the world sometime in the future. Please encourage him in your comments so we can enjoy a little flavor from the islands. He was kind enough to share this story with us.


Keep a Little Faith

This is 'Faith' This dog was born on Christmas Eve in the year 2002. He was born with 3 legs -2 healthy hind legs and 1 abnormal front leg which had to be amputated. He of course could not walk when he was born. Even his mother did not want him…

His first owner also did not think that he could survive and he was thinking of 'putting him to sleep'. But then, his present owner, Jude Stringfellow, met him and wanted to take care of him. She became determined to teach and train this little dog to walk by himself.
She named him 'Faith'.

In the beginning, she put Faith on a surfboard to let him feel the movement. Later she used peanut butter on a spoon as a lure and to reward him for standing up and jumping around.
Even the other dog at home encouraged him to walk. Amazingly, after only 6 months, Faith learned to balance on his hind legs and jump to move forwards. After further training in the snow, he could walk like a human being.

Faith loves to walk around now. No matter where he goes, he attracts people to him. He is fast becoming famous on the international scene and has appeared on various newspapers and TV shows. There is now a book entitled 'With a Little Faith' being published about him. He was even considered to appear in one of Harry Potter movies…

His present owner Jude Stringfellew has given up her teaching post and plans to take him around the world to preach that even without a perfect body, one can have a perfect soul'.






In life there are always undesirable things, so in order to feel better you just need to look at life from another direction. I hope this message will bring fresh new ways of thinking to everyone and that everyone will appreciate and be thankful for each beautiful day. Faith is the continual demonstration of the strength and wonder of life.

For more information, photos and updates visit Faith the Dog's Official Website.


Are you a Writer? A Blogger? An Author? A Poet? A Photographer? Submit your article today and be featured on the Next FOCUS Friday. Click here for complete details and to learn how you can receive 2 Free eBooks.

2 comments:

  1. I look at this wonderful creature and I feel ashamed of myself for all the times I'd given up hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment De Lly. I can relate to this as well. He has worked many miracles in my life. I have had many hard times and it is my faith that somehow He will carry me, and protect me, which keeps me going even though the despair I am feeling is overwhelming. I feel as though He is my friend and sometimes trying to understand His ways is difficult. As my friend, I have been angry and frustrated with Him at times however deep in my heart I know He is there for me and loves me and no matter what I do or say He will carry me through those difficult times. He understands my feelings and He is there to catch me even when I have given up on myself and have given up all hope.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts with Thumbnails