Friday, May 21, 2010

Fun Friday Meme


Today I’m participating in Fun Friday Meme suggested over on Faith Writers by Lynda. Basically, I’m supposed to answer a few questions about my own writing. If you would like to participate you can find the details here.

1. What’s the last thing you wrote? Besides the comments I have posted on other peoples blogs and my thoughts of some of the articles and videos I have posted, I wrote a poem for Mother's day on Oldman's Poetry Corner for my mother and I wrote the rough draft for my monthly column.

Was it any good? My mother really enjoyed it and I have had positive comments from other people so I would have to say yes.

What’s the first thing you ever wrote that you still have? I have a story I wrote in grammar school about a rooster.

Write poetry? Yes, I love to write poetry!

Do you type or write by hand? Like Lynda, I almost always type though I do write ideas down by hand as I have them especially when it comes to my poetry. For poetry, I will take the lines I have written by hand and then go to the computer and finish the poem.

Do you save everything you write? Yes, I save almost everything I write.

Does music help you write? Not really, I usually work in quiet.

Do you even show people your work? Yes, all of the time. I do have a couple of people I will share my work with before I share it with the world on occasion but it really depends on what I am writing. My poetry I usually share with a friend of mine who is a poet to get her advice before I share it with the world.

Do you want to write for a living? I want to!

Have you ever written something for a magazine or newspaper? Yes, I write a monthly column on health and fitness for a local newspaper.

The last thing you’ve had published for pay? I've never really been paid for writing except for a very small amount for the health blog I wrote for Today.com before they were bought out by MSNBC and the Today Show.

Fiction Writers…

Where do you get ideas for your characters? From people I have known but mostly from my imagination. A single character may have attributes of different people.

Are you a Pantser or a Plotter? I'm like Lynda again here I am totally a Pantser. I get a basic idea and run with it and see where it goes as I am writing.

Have you ever written sci-fi, fantasy, or horror? Yes, when I was younger but nothing recently.

Ever written romance or teen angsty drama? No, not really. There may be some romance in my story but I would not call it a romance story.

Genre of choice? Mystery, epic adventure, and drama.

Do you favor happy endings, sad endings, or cliff-hangers? I like happy endings though with twists and turns especially at the end.

Quote something you’ve written. The first thing to pop into your mind.

Buzzing, Screaming, Ringing Loud
Why disturb my dreaming cloud
Don't you know I want more sleep
Just five more minutes I won't fall deep


This is taken from The Nagging Alarm Clock, a fun poem I wrote last year.

OK IT'S YOUR TURN! I’m tagging all of you to copy and paste this FUN FRIDAY MEME onto your blog. Don’t forget to come back and let me know. I’ve love to check it out.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts with Thumbnails