Saturday, January 16, 2010

Patience is a Virtue


Not Yet
Author Unknown

Sometimes I ask the question,
"My Lord, is this Your will?"
It's then I hear You answer me,
"My Precious child . . . be still."

Sometimes I feel frustrated,
'Cause I think I know what's best.
It's then I hear You say to me,
"My busy child . . . just rest."

Sometimes I feel so lonely
And I think I'd like a mate.
Your still small voice gets oh, so clear
And says, "My child . . . please wait."

"I know the plans I have for you,
The wondrous things you'll see;
If you can just be patient, child,
And put your trust in Me.

I've plans to draw you closer.
I've plans to help you grow.
There's much I do you cannot see
And much you do not know.

But know this, child . . . I love you!
You are precious unto Me.
Before I formed you in the womb,
I planned your destiny.

I've something very special
I hope for you to learn.
The gifts I wish to give to you
Are gifts you cannot earn.

They come without a price tag,
But not without a cost;
At Calvary, I gave My Son,
So you would not be lost.

Rest child, and do not weary
Of doing what is good.
I promise I'll come back for you
Just like I said I would.

Your name is written on My palm,
I never could forget;
Therefore, do not be discouraged when
My answer is . . . "Not Yet"


But the fruit of the Spirit is love,
joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness,gentleness, self-control;

Galatians 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts with Thumbnails