Saturday, January 9, 2010

Will You Open the Door?


Seeing God in Everything
Author Unknown

"Oh I need a new idea," I said,
While thinking on a sleepless bed;
"A new idea that'll bring to earth,
A balm for souls, of priceless worth;
That'll give men thoughts of things above,
And teach them how to serve and love,
That'll banish every selfish thought,
And rid men of the sins they've fought."

At last the new thought came, I'm here to tell;
It came to me, when on bended knee I fell,
And sought from Him who knows full well,
The way our sorrow's to expel.
So, see God in all things, great and small,
And give Him praise whatever befalls,
In life or death, in pain or woe,
Because God can overcome all your foes.

I saw Him in the morning light,
He made the day shine clear and bright.
I saw Him at the noon-tide hour,
And He blessed me with a refreshing shower.
At evening, when I was worn and sad,
He gave me help, and made me glad.
At midnight, when on a tossing bed,
My weary soul to sleep He led.

I saw Him when great losses came,
And found He loved me just the same;
When heavy loads I had to bear,
I found He lightened every care.
Through sickness, sorrow, and distress,
He calmed my mind and gave me rest.
He's filled my heart with joyous praise,
Since I gave Him my upward gaze.

'Twas new to me, yet old to some,
What now has become,
A revelation of the way,
We should live every day;
For as each day unfolds its light,
We'll walk by faith, and not by sight.
Life will indeed a blessing bring,
If we see God in everything!

I would have despaired unless I had believed that
I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.

Psalm 27:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts with Thumbnails