Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Proverbs 20


A friend of mine likes to read Proverbs each day since there are 31 chapters in the book of Proverbs and you can read the chapter corresponding to the day of the week. Since she told me this some days I like to do this too. In reading Proverbs 20 this morning. 2 verses stand out to me:

Pr 20:24 A man's steps are of the Lord, How then can a man understand his own way?

Pr 20:27 The spirit of a man is the lamp of the Lord, Searching all the inner depths of his heart.

To me this is saying to trust in the Lord and live each day to fulfill His will. There may be times when we don't understand the 'why' but we must have faith and know He is in control and He will speak to our hearts and lead us in the right direction. In verse 27 it is saying The Lord knows what our hearts need and desire, we cannot hide the truth from Him.

Therefore, because He knows our needs and desires, He will want to fulfill those needs, as any father would for his child. As a parent, I know I want what is best for my children and I want them to be happy. Therefore if we will put our faith in Him, The Lord will bring us through all the difficult times and lead us to our destination and fulfill our dreams. All we need to do is listen to His words as they touch our hearts and have faith and trust that He will lead our steps.


What do these verses say to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts with Thumbnails