Friday, September 25, 2009

Big Problems? Take Baby Steps Today



Problems too big? Do you procrastinate? Are you one of those people who always puts off things until tomorrow or Monday? Well, start today. Make a decision to work on the problem or project you have been putting off.

Perhaps your troubles are too large to accomplish all at once. This does not mean just because you cannot solve everything to give up and do nothing. You can start today, as a favor to yourself and to break the habit of procrastination, do something to make your situation better.

Take baby steps. The old saying, "Rome wasn't built in a day," holds true. For example, I am overweight and on a journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. I do not expect to lose all of the weight I put on over the last 25 years quickly and with no effort. I know it takes baby steps. I did not put all of this weight on overnight and I will not be able to take it off overnight. But I can change my habits little by little and start to make strides in achieving my goals. Even a small step in the right direction is still a step in the right direction. A small baby step is better than no step at all.



The grace of God is sufficient for all our needs,
for every problem and for every difficulty,
for every broken heart,
and for every human sorrow.

Peter Marshall


Like the father in the picture above,
our Heavenly Father will guide and help us take our steps.

Suggested reading:
Blurt: Optimism? But I’m Having a Self-Pity Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts with Thumbnails