Sunday, September 20, 2009

Monday Morning Misery


I offer this poem for all of those who just can't seem to get going in the morning.


Monday Morning Misery
by Brian, the old man


Oh where, oh where
Is my coffee pot?
I look everywhere
And I find it not

It couldn’t have flown
Or walked away
Why oh why
How could it stray?

I know that I left it
And cleaned it out
I just can’t find it
I’m about to shout

I have to get ready
Or I will be late
But I need my coffee
Oh such is my fate

There you are
How’d you get there?
Under the table
On top of the chair

Now where are the filters?
Oh this can’t be true
Forgot to buy them
Now I’m so blue

Maybe I should
Just crawl back in bed
Tuck under the covers
And lie down my head


Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.
Victor Hugo

3 comments:

  1. LOL this is classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed, and I would go crazy if I couldn't have my cup of coffee in the morning, especially on Monday morning.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing I use instant,no need to brew.LOL.What can I say?...another good one! Looking out for a book from you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts with Thumbnails