Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sometimes We Must Wait



Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 40:28-31

Many times in our lives we must be patient upon the Lord to give us the strength we need to overcome the trials and tribulations in our lives. For me, my health was progressively getting worse. I suffered a panic attack about three years ago and was diagnosed with hypertension (high blood pressure) but I did not listen and change my habits. Two and a half years ago I had congestive heart failure for the first time, still I did not take heed and change my ways. I had fallen a few times which made my condition even worse and made it more difficult to walk. Two years ago I came to the point where I was unable to walk and breath without pain. I continued to try to work but then I got an infection which made it impossible and caused me to become bed ridden. I had all but given up hope on myself. The Lord continually tried to make me take notice to make changes to become healthy which I ignored. In November of last year I finally came to the point in my life where I was feeling better and started to make some casual changes. However, in February, I had congestive heart failure and respiratory failure; I almost died. I had slipped into a coma. Then, as the priest was annoiting me with oil the Lord stepped in and said He was not ready for me to go. He had given me a second chance at life. He had work for me to do. It was at that very moment my health began to improve. Now, I am no longer bed ridden, I am able to walk short distances and I have lost over 80 pounds. I feel wonderful and I am starting my new job today.

The reason I tell this tale is to point out that even in my weakess moments He was there for me. I have struggled many times in my life but the Lord has always been with me and leads me to His will. I may sometimes have to wait for the Lord to renew my strength but as He does I learn and become stronger in many ways. If you are experiencing rough times in your life, have faith. You may have to wait upon the Lord, but He shall renew your strength and raise you up to spread your wings.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts with Thumbnails